Monday April 15th Agenda
Monday, April 15, 2019 – Sponsor Setup & Hands-on Training
8 AM – Noon Mobile Forensics
1 PM – 3 PM Computer Forensics
Basic Mobile Device Forensics
8 AM – Noon
Det. Troy Hale Nampa Police Dept. email@example.com General Information
A 4-hour introduction to digital forensics on mobile devices from collection, to extraction and analysis – including call detail records and tower data review and the important role each play.
When it comes to learning and understanding the importance of dissecting mobile device data, it is essential to know what’s available to you and how the information can be used. Whether it’s simply just reviewing the data on the device itself or conducting a complete forensic extraction in preparation for court, HR decisions, recovering lost data, etc. each step of the way could make or break the outcome.
This training will cover to following topics:
- Seizure of the device
- Isolation from the network
- Device OS and the differences in them
- Interface for extraction
- Data storage
- Types of extractions
- Analysis of the data and tools used
- Network providers and the differences in them
- Call Detail Records (CDR’s) what can we get?
- Tower information and what it tells us
- Mapping overview
Computer Forensics 101
1 PM – 3 PM
A 2-hour course introducing the basics of computer forensics. Provided for students:
- 64GB Thumb drive with Software to be installed/used on personal computer during training.
- Data Blocking Thumb drive.